XRP (CURRENCY:XRP) traded 1.7% higher against the dollar during the one day period ending at 23:00 PM E.T. on August 25th. One XRP coin can currently be bought for approximately $0.28 or 0.00002641 BTC on cryptocurrency exchanges including Indodax, Gate.io, CoinFalcon and Coinrail. During the last seven days, XRP has traded 3.3% lower against the dollar. XRP has a market capitalization of $11.80 billion and $1.09 billion worth of XRP was traded on exchanges in the last day.
Here’s how similar cryptocurrencies have performed during the last day:
- Binance Coin (BNB) traded up 0.1% against the dollar and now trades at $26.42 or 0.00253672 BTC.
- Tether (USDT) traded 0.2% higher against the dollar and now trades at $1.00 or 0.00009644 BTC.
- Bitcoin SV (BSV) traded 1.7% higher against the dollar and now trades at $135.06 or 0.01296812 BTC.
- Stellar (XLM) traded up 3.2% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0698 or 0.00000670 BTC.
- TRON (TRX) traded 0.9% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0180 or 0.00000172 BTC.
- Chainlink (LINK) traded down 1.8% against the dollar and now trades at $2.13 or 0.00020436 BTC.
- NEO (NEO) traded 1.5% lower against the dollar and now trades at $9.80 or 0.00094037 BTC.
- COZ (COZ) traded up 26.7% against the dollar and now trades at $0.22 or 0.00004541 BTC.
- Crypto.com Chain (CRO) traded down 0.5% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0427 or 0.00000410 BTC.
- INO COIN (INO) traded 1.6% higher against the dollar and now trades at $2.05 or 0.00019631 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “The Ledger and ConsensusThe Ripple protocol is, at its core, a shared public database. This database includes a ledger, which serves to track accounts and the balances associated with them. The ledger is a distributed database — a perfect, shared record of accounts, balances, and transactions in the Ripple protocol. It is continually and automatically updated by the Ripple Transaction Protocol (RTXP) so that an identical ledger exists on thousands of servers around the world. At any time, anybody can review the ledger and see a record of all activity on the Ripple protocol. When changes are made to the ledger, computers connected to the Ripple protocol will mutually agree to the changes via a process called consensus. The Ripple protocol reaches consensus globally within seconds of a change being made. The consensus finding process is the engineering breakthrough that allows for fast, secure, and decentralized transaction settlement on the Ripple protocol. The World’s First Distributed ExchangeNo one owns or controls the Ripple protocol. It runs on computers around the world, all working together to continually maintain a perfect, shared record of accounts, balances, and transactions. Distributed networks offer many efficiencies over centralized networks. Because the network is “self-clearing”, it eliminates the need for a centralized network operator (and gets rid of the associated layer of fees). Because there is no single point of failure, distributed networks are more reliable. They also tend to be more secure, due to their open source nature.”
Buying and Selling XRP
XRP can be purchased on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: Bitstamp (Ripple Gateway), FCoin, BTC Markets, Bitinka, Independent Reserve, WazirX, BitMarket, RippleFox, Exrates, BtcTurk, Stellar Decentralized Exchange, Coinsquare, Indodax, Braziliex, Ovis, BCEX, Fatbtc, Bitstamp, Ripple China, Bitlish, Upbit, Coinrail, B2BX, LiteBit.eu, Korbit, Gate.io, GOPAX, DragonEX, LakeBTC, CEX.IO, Zebpay, CoinBene, Koineks, ABCC, Tripe Dice Exchange, Gatehub, C2CX, Cryptohub, Bits Blockchain, OKEx, Instant Bitex, Covesting, BTC Trade UA, Huobi, BX Thailand, Bitfinex, Bitsane, HitBTC, Poloniex, BitFlip, Coinbe, Coinone, OTCBTC, BitBay, Sistemkoin, ZB.COM, Liquid, Binance, Stellarport, Kuna, Coindeal, Cryptomate, Altcoin Trader, Exmo, Bithumb, CoinEgg, Coinsuper, Bitbns, Kraken, Bitbank, Vebitcoin, Bittrex, Koinex, DigiFinex, Bitso, OpenLedger DEX, MBAex, CoinFalcon and Coinhub. It is usually not currently possible to buy alternative cryptocurrencies such as XRP directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to acquire XRP should first buy Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as Changelly, Gemini or Coinbase. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to buy XRP using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for XRP Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for XRP and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.