XRP (CURRENCY:XRP) traded 2.4% lower against the US dollar during the 24-hour period ending at 12:00 PM ET on August 24th. XRP has a market cap of $11.58 billion and approximately $988.65 million worth of XRP was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours. In the last seven days, XRP has traded 2% higher against the US dollar. One XRP coin can now be bought for $0.27 or 0.00002687 BTC on popular cryptocurrency exchanges including Fatbtc, Koineks, Bitlish and Bitsane.
Here’s how related cryptocurrencies have performed in the last 24 hours:
- Binance Coin (BNB) traded down 3.5% against the dollar and now trades at $26.36 or 0.00262582 BTC.
- Tether (USDT) traded 0.7% lower against the dollar and now trades at $1.00 or 0.00009924 BTC.
- Bitcoin SV (BSV) traded down 3.1% against the dollar and now trades at $131.97 or 0.01314674 BTC.
- Stellar (XLM) traded up 0.1% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0688 or 0.00000685 BTC.
- TRON (TRX) traded 2.6% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0176 or 0.00000175 BTC.
- Chainlink (LINK) traded 4.3% lower against the dollar and now trades at $2.19 or 0.00021794 BTC.
- NEO (NEO) traded down 2% against the dollar and now trades at $9.77 or 0.00097311 BTC.
- COZ (COZ) traded up 26.7% against the dollar and now trades at $0.22 or 0.00004541 BTC.
- Crypto.com Chain (CRO) traded down 2.2% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0426 or 0.00000424 BTC.
- INO COIN (INO) traded down 2.7% against the dollar and now trades at $2.00 or 0.00019926 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “The Ledger and ConsensusThe Ripple protocol is, at its core, a shared public database. This database includes a ledger, which serves to track accounts and the balances associated with them. The ledger is a distributed database — a perfect, shared record of accounts, balances, and transactions in the Ripple protocol. It is continually and automatically updated by the Ripple Transaction Protocol (RTXP) so that an identical ledger exists on thousands of servers around the world. At any time, anybody can review the ledger and see a record of all activity on the Ripple protocol. When changes are made to the ledger, computers connected to the Ripple protocol will mutually agree to the changes via a process called consensus. The Ripple protocol reaches consensus globally within seconds of a change being made. The consensus finding process is the engineering breakthrough that allows for fast, secure, and decentralized transaction settlement on the Ripple protocol. The World’s First Distributed ExchangeNo one owns or controls the Ripple protocol. It runs on computers around the world, all working together to continually maintain a perfect, shared record of accounts, balances, and transactions. Distributed networks offer many efficiencies over centralized networks. Because the network is “self-clearing”, it eliminates the need for a centralized network operator (and gets rid of the associated layer of fees). Because there is no single point of failure, distributed networks are more reliable. They also tend to be more secure, due to their open source nature.”
Buying and Selling XRP
XRP can be traded on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: ZB.COM, OKEx, Bitbns, CoinFalcon, CoinBene, Bittrex, B2BX, Instant Bitex, Exmo, Fatbtc, Coinbe, Ripple China, Gatehub, Gate.io, BitBay, Bitso, BtcTurk, Koinex, Coinhub, FCoin, Cryptohub, Bits Blockchain, Bitstamp (Ripple Gateway), Koineks, BTC Trade UA, GOPAX, Ovis, RippleFox, Bitinka, LiteBit.eu, Cryptomate, Covesting, Binance, Poloniex, Independent Reserve, BitFlip, Stellar Decentralized Exchange, Vebitcoin, CoinEgg, DragonEX, OTCBTC, Bitlish, Bitfinex, Bithumb, MBAex, LakeBTC, Stellarport, Bitsane, BX Thailand, Coinsquare, HitBTC, Kuna, Kraken, Coindeal, Coinrail, Liquid, WazirX, Altcoin Trader, BTC Markets, Bitstamp, Indodax, Tripe Dice Exchange, Upbit, Bitbank, Korbit, Exrates, ABCC, Braziliex, Zebpay, DigiFinex, BitMarket, Coinsuper, Sistemkoin, BCEX, C2CX, OpenLedger DEX, Coinone, Huobi and CEX.IO. It is usually not currently possible to purchase alternative cryptocurrencies such as XRP directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to trade XRP should first purchase Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as Coinbase, Changelly or Gemini. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to purchase XRP using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for XRP Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for XRP and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.