XRP (CURRENCY:XRP) traded up 0.7% against the U.S. dollar during the 1 day period ending at 9:00 AM Eastern on August 4th. In the last week, XRP has traded up 3.2% against the U.S. dollar. XRP has a total market cap of $13.71 billion and approximately $808.77 million worth of XRP was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours. One XRP coin can currently be bought for approximately $0.32 or 0.00002995 BTC on exchanges including LakeBTC, Altcoin Trader, Gate.io and Bitinka.
Here is how other cryptocurrencies have performed in the last 24 hours:
- Binance Coin (BNB) traded down 0.8% against the dollar and now trades at $27.71 or 0.00259441 BTC.
- Tether (USDT) traded down 0.3% against the dollar and now trades at $1.00 or 0.00009392 BTC.
- Bitcoin SV (BSV) traded down 3.1% against the dollar and now trades at $148.40 or 0.01389690 BTC.
- Stellar (XLM) traded 0.2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0823 or 0.00000771 BTC.
- TRON (TRX) traded up 2.7% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0224 or 0.00000210 BTC.
- Chainlink (LINK) traded down 4.7% against the dollar and now trades at $2.53 or 0.00023651 BTC.
- NEO (NEO) traded 0.3% lower against the dollar and now trades at $11.90 or 0.00111396 BTC.
- COZ (COZ) traded 26.7% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.22 or 0.00004541 BTC.
- Crypto.com Chain (CRO) traded 0.9% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0555 or 0.00000520 BTC.
- V Systems (VSYS) traded 0.8% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.22 or 0.00002058 BTC.
XRP Coin Profile
According to CryptoCompare, “The Ledger and ConsensusThe Ripple protocol is, at its core, a shared public database. This database includes a ledger, which serves to track accounts and the balances associated with them. The ledger is a distributed database — a perfect, shared record of accounts, balances, and transactions in the Ripple protocol. It is continually and automatically updated by the Ripple Transaction Protocol (RTXP) so that an identical ledger exists on thousands of servers around the world. At any time, anybody can review the ledger and see a record of all activity on the Ripple protocol. When changes are made to the ledger, computers connected to the Ripple protocol will mutually agree to the changes via a process called consensus. The Ripple protocol reaches consensus globally within seconds of a change being made. The consensus finding process is the engineering breakthrough that allows for fast, secure, and decentralized transaction settlement on the Ripple protocol. The World’s First Distributed ExchangeNo one owns or controls the Ripple protocol. It runs on computers around the world, all working together to continually maintain a perfect, shared record of accounts, balances, and transactions. Distributed networks offer many efficiencies over centralized networks. Because the network is “self-clearing”, it eliminates the need for a centralized network operator (and gets rid of the associated layer of fees). Because there is no single point of failure, distributed networks are more reliable. They also tend to be more secure, due to their open source nature.”
Buying and Selling XRP
XRP can be traded on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: CoinEgg, OKEx, Bitstamp (Ripple Gateway), MBAex, Coinbe, OTCBTC, FCoin, Covesting, Ovis, Kuna, Braziliex, BTC Markets, Zebpay, Instant Bitex, Coinhub, Bits Blockchain, Coinsuper, Koineks, ZB.COM, Gate.io, Bitlish, BitMarket, DragonEX, GOPAX, WazirX, Liquid, HitBTC, Bithumb, Vebitcoin, Upbit, Stellar Decentralized Exchange, Exrates, Huobi, ABCC, Stellarport, Bitstamp, DigiFinex, BCEX, Korbit, OpenLedger DEX, Bittrex, Sistemkoin, Coinrail, Ripple China, B2BX, Kraken, Coindeal, Bitbns, BtcTurk, CEX.IO, Coinsquare, Cryptomate, BitFlip, Koinex, Bitsane, Exmo, Gatehub, Poloniex, BX Thailand, Coinone, Altcoin Trader, BitBay, LiteBit.eu, LakeBTC, Bitbank, CoinBene, Fatbtc, CoinFalcon, Bitfinex, BTC Trade UA, Binance, Indodax, Tripe Dice Exchange, C2CX, Bitinka, Independent Reserve, RippleFox, Bitso and Cryptohub. It is usually not presently possible to purchase alternative cryptocurrencies such as XRP directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to acquire XRP should first purchase Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as Coinbase, GDAX or Gemini. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to purchase XRP using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for XRP Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for XRP and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.