Namecoin (CURRENCY:NMC) traded 6.8% lower against the US dollar during the 24 hour period ending at 19:00 PM E.T. on August 4th. In the last seven days, Namecoin has traded up 15.3% against the US dollar. One Namecoin coin can currently be bought for about $0.72 or 0.00006534 BTC on exchanges including SouthXchange, Poloniex, Trade By Trade and YoBit. Namecoin has a total market cap of $10.57 million and approximately $2,214.00 worth of Namecoin was traded on exchanges in the last day.
Here’s how related cryptocurrencies have performed in the last day:
- Bitcoin (BTC) traded 1.4% higher against the dollar and now trades at $10,977.72 or 1.00000000 BTC.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded up 0.3% against the dollar and now trades at $333.91 or 0.03041353 BTC.
- Steem (STEEM) traded down 2.2% against the dollar and now trades at $0.22 or 0.00002008 BTC.
- Unobtanium (UNO) traded 5.9% lower against the dollar and now trades at $112.62 or 0.01025808 BTC.
- Counterparty (XCP) traded down 1.7% against the dollar and now trades at $2.05 or 0.00018714 BTC.
- Crown (CRW) traded 2.4% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0771 or 0.00000702 BTC.
- Terracoin (TRC) traded 5% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0334 or 0.00000303 BTC.
- CHIPS (CHIPS) traded flat against the dollar and now trades at $0.0205 or 0.00000392 BTC.
- Zetacoin (ZET) traded up 0.3% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0019 or 0.00000017 BTC.
- UnbreakableCoin (UNB) traded flat against the dollar and now trades at $0.11 or 0.00001757 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “It is based on the code of bitcoin and uses the same proof-of-work algorithm. It is limited to 21 million coins. Each Namecoin record consists of a key and a value which can be up to 520 bytes in size. Each key is actually a path, with the namespace preceding the name of the record. The key d/example signifies a record stored in the DNS namespace d with the name example and corresponds to the record for the example.bit website. The content of d/example is expected to conform to the DNS namespace specification. The current fee for a record is 0.01 NMC and records expire after 36000 blocks (~200 days) unless updated or renewed. Namecoins used to purchase records are marked as used and destroyed, as giving the fee to miners would enable larger miners to register names at a significant discount. “
Namecoin Coin Trading
Namecoin can be traded on these cryptocurrency exchanges: Poloniex, Bittylicious, Bleutrade, Cryptopia, YoBit, Livecoin, Bitsane, WEX, Trade By Trade, Altcoin Trader, BX Thailand, C-Patex, Tux Exchange and SouthXchange. It is usually not presently possible to buy alternative cryptocurrencies such as Namecoin directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Namecoin should first buy Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as Coinbase, Gemini or GDAX. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to buy Namecoin using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for Namecoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Namecoin and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.