XRP (CURRENCY:XRP) traded up 4.5% against the dollar during the one day period ending at 17:00 PM Eastern on July 12th. XRP has a market capitalization of $14.62 billion and $1.68 billion worth of XRP was traded on exchanges in the last day. During the last seven days, XRP has traded down 9.9% against the dollar. One XRP coin can now be bought for about $0.34 or 0.00002887 BTC on popular exchanges including B2BX, Bitbank, Ripple China and Coinhub.
Here’s how other cryptocurrencies have performed during the last day:
- Binance Coin (BNB) traded up 7.7% against the dollar and now trades at $31.63 or 0.00265802 BTC.
- Tether (USDT) traded 0.9% higher against the dollar and now trades at $1.01 or 0.00008483 BTC.
- Bitcoin SV (BSV) traded 1.9% higher against the dollar and now trades at $165.99 or 0.01395136 BTC.
- TRON (TRX) traded up 5.7% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0296 or 0.00000249 BTC.
- Stellar (XLM) traded 12% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0979 or 0.00000823 BTC.
- NEO (NEO) traded up 5.3% against the dollar and now trades at $15.47 or 0.00130006 BTC.
- Chainlink (LINK) traded up 7% against the dollar and now trades at $3.05 or 0.00025609 BTC.
- Crypto.com Chain (CRO) traded 10.7% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0892 or 0.00000750 BTC.
- COZ (COZ) traded 26.7% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.22 or 0.00004541 BTC.
- VeChain (VET) traded 13.7% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0069 or 0.00000058 BTC.
XRP Coin Profile
According to CryptoCompare, “The Ledger and ConsensusThe Ripple protocol is, at its core, a shared public database. This database includes a ledger, which serves to track accounts and the balances associated with them. The ledger is a distributed database — a perfect, shared record of accounts, balances, and transactions in the Ripple protocol. It is continually and automatically updated by the Ripple Transaction Protocol (RTXP) so that an identical ledger exists on thousands of servers around the world. At any time, anybody can review the ledger and see a record of all activity on the Ripple protocol. When changes are made to the ledger, computers connected to the Ripple protocol will mutually agree to the changes via a process called consensus. The Ripple protocol reaches consensus globally within seconds of a change being made. The consensus finding process is the engineering breakthrough that allows for fast, secure, and decentralized transaction settlement on the Ripple protocol. The World’s First Distributed ExchangeNo one owns or controls the Ripple protocol. It runs on computers around the world, all working together to continually maintain a perfect, shared record of accounts, balances, and transactions. Distributed networks offer many efficiencies over centralized networks. Because the network is “self-clearing”, it eliminates the need for a centralized network operator (and gets rid of the associated layer of fees). Because there is no single point of failure, distributed networks are more reliable. They also tend to be more secure, due to their open source nature.”
Buying and Selling XRP
XRP can be bought or sold on these cryptocurrency exchanges: Kraken, OpenLedger DEX, Bitsane, Poloniex, Zebpay, B2BX, Exmo, Bitfinex, CoinFalcon, DragonEX, Upbit, Coinrail, Koineks, CoinBene, RippleFox, Bits Blockchain, CEX.IO, LiteBit.eu, Coinsuper, Coinhub, Bitstamp, Vebitcoin, Coinone, BCEX, Stellar Decentralized Exchange, BtcTurk, Bitlish, OTCBTC, Cryptohub, CoinEgg, Liquid, Coindeal, Indodax, Exrates, Ripple China, Bithumb, Gate.io, Fatbtc, Bitstamp (Ripple Gateway), Altcoin Trader, Coinbe, Independent Reserve, BTC Markets, Koinex, Binance, Braziliex, Covesting, BitBay, LakeBTC, Sistemkoin, HitBTC, BitFlip, FCoin, WazirX, Kuna, BX Thailand, OKEx, C2CX, Tripe Dice Exchange, Huobi, GOPAX, Bittrex, Bitbank, Korbit, BTC Trade UA, Coinsquare, ZB.COM, Bitinka, Ovis, ABCC, Gatehub, Instant Bitex, Stellarport, Bitbns, Bitso, BitMarket, Cryptomate, MBAex and DigiFinex. It is usually not possible to purchase alternative cryptocurrencies such as XRP directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to trade XRP should first purchase Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as Gemini, Coinbase or Changelly. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to purchase XRP using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for XRP Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for XRP and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.