A number of research firms have changed their ratings and price targets for Masco (NYSE: MAS):
- 5/6/2019 – Masco had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Bank of America Corp. They now have a $56.00 price target on the stock, up previously from $43.00.
- 4/29/2019 – Masco was upgraded by analysts at Zelman & Associates from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating.
- 4/26/2019 – Masco was upgraded by analysts at Raymond James from a “market perform” rating to a “strong-buy” rating. They now have a $47.00 price target on the stock.
- 4/26/2019 – Masco was given a new $44.00 price target on by analysts at Barclays PLC. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 4/22/2019 – Masco was downgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating. According to Zacks, “Shares of Masco have outperformed its industry year to date. Masco, being one of the leading cabinet manufacturers in the United States, operates through various divisions and offers a large number of products. The company is well poised in the near term on expectations of continued momentum in housing market backed by improving economy, low unemployment levels and positive consumer confidence. Increased repair and remodeling activity are also expected to generate higher revenues. However, higher raw material and ERP costs, as well as logistics expenses pose significant threats to the company's margins. Notably, Masco’s adjusted gross and operating margins contracted 200 basis points (bps) and 60 bps, respectively, in 2018. Earnings estimates have remained unchanged for 2019 over the past 30 days, limiting upside potential for the stock.”
- 4/22/2019 – Masco was given a new $50.00 price target on by analysts at Robert W. Baird. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
Shares of NYSE MAS traded down $0.61 during midday trading on Friday, reaching $37.55. 2,757,121 shares of the company were exchanged, compared to its average volume of 3,929,517. Masco Corp has a 1 year low of $27.03 and a 1 year high of $41.00. The firm has a market cap of $11.11 billion, a P/E ratio of 15.02, a P/E/G ratio of 1.53 and a beta of 1.43. The company has a quick ratio of 0.91, a current ratio of 1.43 and a debt-to-equity ratio of 65.98.
Masco (NYSE:MAS) last announced its quarterly earnings data on Thursday, April 25th. The construction company reported $0.44 earnings per share for the quarter, missing the Zacks’ consensus estimate of $0.47 by ($0.03). Masco had a net margin of 8.40% and a return on equity of 675.68%. The business had revenue of $1.91 billion during the quarter, compared to analysts’ expectations of $1.99 billion. During the same period in the prior year, the firm posted $0.45 EPS. Masco’s revenue for the quarter was down .6% compared to the same quarter last year. As a group, analysts anticipate that Masco Corp will post 2.67 earnings per share for the current year.
In other news, Director Lisa A. Payne sold 9,117 shares of Masco stock in a transaction that occurred on Wednesday, March 6th. The shares were sold at an average price of $39.56, for a total transaction of $360,668.52. Following the completion of the sale, the director now directly owns 52,038 shares in the company, valued at approximately $2,058,623.28. The transaction was disclosed in a legal filing with the SEC, which is available through this hyperlink. Also, insider Richard A. O’reagan sold 12,336 shares of Masco stock in a transaction that occurred on Wednesday, March 6th. The shares were sold at an average price of $39.48, for a total transaction of $487,025.28. Following the sale, the insider now owns 54,403 shares of the company’s stock, valued at $2,147,830.44. The disclosure for this sale can be found here. Over the last quarter, insiders have sold 298,940 shares of company stock valued at $11,890,269. Insiders own 1.17% of the company’s stock.
Several hedge funds have recently bought and sold shares of MAS. Legal & General Group Plc raised its position in shares of Masco by 4.2% during the 3rd quarter. Legal & General Group Plc now owns 1,623,395 shares of the construction company’s stock worth $59,471,000 after purchasing an additional 66,145 shares during the last quarter. Federated Investors Inc. PA grew its stake in Masco by 3,063.5% in the 3rd quarter. Federated Investors Inc. PA now owns 416,755 shares of the construction company’s stock worth $15,254,000 after acquiring an additional 403,581 shares during the period. State of Alaska Department of Revenue grew its stake in Masco by 5.6% in the 4th quarter. State of Alaska Department of Revenue now owns 68,189 shares of the construction company’s stock worth $1,992,000 after acquiring an additional 3,599 shares during the period. CX Institutional purchased a new stake in Masco in the 4th quarter worth approximately $76,000. Finally, Daiwa SB Investments Ltd. grew its stake in Masco by 9.1% in the 4th quarter. Daiwa SB Investments Ltd. now owns 23,400 shares of the construction company’s stock worth $684,000 after acquiring an additional 1,950 shares during the period. Institutional investors own 91.10% of the company’s stock.
Masco Corporation designs, manufactures, and distributes home improvement and building products worldwide. The company's Plumbing Products segment offers faucets, showerheads, handheld showers, valves, bath hardware and accessories, bathing units, shower bases and enclosures, toilets, acrylic tubs, shower trays, spas, exercise pools, fitness systems, and other non-decorative plumbing products; brass, copper, and composite plumbing system components; and thermoplastic extrusions, extruded plastic profiles, and specialized fabrications.
See Also: What is the float in trading stocks?
Receive News & Ratings for Masco Corp Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Masco Corp and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.