Cars.com (NYSE: CARS) recently received a number of ratings updates from brokerages and research firms:
- 5/17/2019 – Cars.com was upgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “sell” rating to a “hold” rating.
- 5/9/2019 – Cars.com was upgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “strong sell” rating to a “sell” rating.
- 5/6/2019 – Cars.com had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Barrington Research. They now have a $37.50 price target on the stock. They wrote, “We believe Q1/19 should show continued progress in key metrics including increases in average monthly unique visitors, traffic visits and mobile traffic, increases in monthly average revenue per dealer (ARPD), as well as success with new products.””
- 5/1/2019 – Cars.com was upgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “strong sell” rating to a “hold” rating. According to Zacks, “Cars.com Inc. operates an online automotive platform. The Company offers new and used vehicle listings, expert and consumer reviews, research tools and other information. It also engaged in the sale of display advertising to national advertisers. Cars.com Inc. is based in Chicago, United States. “
- 4/17/2019 – Cars.com was given a new $38.00 price target on by analysts at Barrington Research. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 4/16/2019 – Cars.com was downgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “sell” rating to a “strong sell” rating.
- 4/2/2019 – Cars.com was downgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating.
- 3/27/2019 – Cars.com was upgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “sell” rating to a “hold” rating.
- 3/18/2019 – Cars.com is now covered by analysts at Goldman Sachs Group Inc. They set a “neutral” rating and a $23.00 price target on the stock.
NYSE:CARS traded down $0.26 on Friday, reaching $22.74. The stock had a trading volume of 67,939 shares, compared to its average volume of 1,083,920. The firm has a market cap of $1.52 billion, a PE ratio of 12.49, a price-to-earnings-growth ratio of 2.77 and a beta of 1.07. Cars.com Inc. has a 1-year low of $19.74 and a 1-year high of $32.94. The company has a quick ratio of 1.39, a current ratio of 1.17 and a debt-to-equity ratio of 0.41.
Cars.com (NYSE:CARS) last released its quarterly earnings results on Friday, May 10th. The company reported $0.28 EPS for the quarter, missing the Zacks’ consensus estimate of $0.30 by ($0.02). The firm had revenue of $154.20 million during the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $152.29 million. Cars.com had a net margin of 4.40% and a return on equity of 7.34%. Cars.com’s quarterly revenue was down 3.6% on a year-over-year basis. During the same quarter last year, the firm earned $0.39 earnings per share. On average, research analysts expect that Cars.com Inc. will post 1.64 EPS for the current fiscal year.
Cars.com Inc, through its subsidiaries, operates as a digital automotive marketplace that connects local car dealers to consumers in the United States. The company offers a suite of digital solutions that creates connections between individuals researching cars or looking to purchase a car with car dealerships and automotive original equipment manufacturers.
See Also: What is a resistance level?
Receive News & Ratings for Carscom Inc Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Carscom Inc and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.