Chuy’s (NASDAQ: CHUY) recently received a number of ratings updates from brokerages and research firms:
- 5/8/2019 – Chuy’s was downgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating. According to Zacks, “Chuy’s Holdings, Inc. owns and operates full-service restaurants serving a distinct menu of authentic Mexican food. The Company offers menu which includes appetizers, soups and salads, tacos, burritos, enchiladas, fajitas and combination platters. It operates chains throughout Texas, Alabama, Indiana, Kentucky, and Tennessee. Chuy’s Holdings, Inc. is headquartered in Austin, Texas. “
- 5/8/2019 – Chuy’s was upgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “sell” rating to a “hold” rating.
- 5/8/2019 – Chuy’s had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Wedbush. They wrote, “We expect FL to report 1Q19 earnings on 5/24, BMO. Ahead of the report, we are reiterating our BUY rating and $75 price target. FL recently unveiled its L-T financial framework/initiatives it believes will help drive a five-year MSD% top-line CAGR. We continue to believe FL will remain an important partner to top vendors and, as such, believe the guidance should be achievable. With shares trading at an attractive ~10.5x our FY19E EPS, we believe Foot Locker stands to benefit from multiple expansion as investors gain more confidence in the company’s ability to drive the top line. Shares have been pressured recently and trade at an attractive ~10.5x our FY19E EPS, in our view. Over the past 30 days, shares have returned -14% vs. the S&P 500 ~flat.””
- 5/1/2019 – Chuy’s was downgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating.
- 4/25/2019 – Chuy’s was upgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “sell” rating to a “hold” rating.
- 4/11/2019 – Chuy’s was downgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating.
- 3/21/2019 – Chuy’s was upgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “sell” rating to a “hold” rating.
CHUY traded up $0.66 during midday trading on Friday, hitting $22.29. 3,377 shares of the company traded hands, compared to its average volume of 142,745. The company has a debt-to-equity ratio of 1.09, a quick ratio of 0.49 and a current ratio of 0.54. The stock has a market capitalization of $370.04 million, a P/E ratio of 25.33, a P/E/G ratio of 1.37 and a beta of 0.34. Chuy’s Holdings Inc has a 52 week low of $17.03 and a 52 week high of $34.10.
Chuy’s (NASDAQ:CHUY) last posted its earnings results on Tuesday, May 7th. The restaurant operator reported $0.21 earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, beating the Thomson Reuters’ consensus estimate of $0.19 by $0.02. Chuy’s had a net margin of 1.37% and a return on equity of 7.89%. The business had revenue of $102.10 million for the quarter, compared to analysts’ expectations of $101.84 million. During the same quarter in the prior year, the business earned $0.19 EPS. The business’s revenue for the quarter was up 8.7% compared to the same quarter last year. Research analysts forecast that Chuy’s Holdings Inc will post 0.92 EPS for the current fiscal year.
Large investors have recently modified their holdings of the company. Quantamental Technologies LLC bought a new position in shares of Chuy’s in the 1st quarter worth approximately $65,000. BNP Paribas Arbitrage SA lifted its stake in shares of Chuy’s by 1,962.7% in the 1st quarter. BNP Paribas Arbitrage SA now owns 3,486 shares of the restaurant operator’s stock worth $79,000 after purchasing an additional 3,317 shares during the period. Municipal Employees Retirement System of Michigan bought a new position in shares of Chuy’s in the 4th quarter worth approximately $85,000. SG Americas Securities LLC bought a new position in shares of Chuy’s in the 1st quarter worth approximately $118,000. Finally, Metropolitan Life Insurance Co. NY lifted its stake in shares of Chuy’s by 397.3% in the 4th quarter. Metropolitan Life Insurance Co. NY now owns 6,012 shares of the restaurant operator’s stock worth $107,000 after purchasing an additional 4,803 shares during the period.
Chuy's Holdings, Inc, through its subsidiaries, owns and operates restaurants under the Chuy's name in Texas and 19 states in the Southeastern and Midwestern United States. As of December 31, 2017, the company operated 91 Chuy's restaurants in 19 states. Chuy's Holdings, Inc was founded in 1982 and is headquartered in Austin, Texas.
Featured Story: What are catch-up contributions?
Receive News & Ratings for Chuy's Holdings Inc Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Chuy's Holdings Inc and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.