A number of firms have modified their ratings and price targets on shares of American Public Education (NASDAQ: APEI) recently:
- 3/27/2019 – American Public Education was downgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating.
- 3/22/2019 – American Public Education was upgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “sell” rating to a “hold” rating. According to Zacks, “American Public Education’s fourth-quarter 2018 earnings surpassed the Zacks Consensus Estimate by 5.8%, while revenues lagged the same by 0.7%. Earnings grew 7.8% year over year. Its earnings performance has been robust over the past few months, courtesy of affordable tuitions, online programs and strategic initiatives aimed at improving student success. However, total revenues declined 1% in the quarter due to lower contribution from both the segments. New course registration and student enrollment also declined in both the segments. Also, for first-quarter 2019, the company expects revenues and earnings to decline year over year, owing to above-mentioned headwinds. Meanwhile, American Public Education’s shares have underperformed its industry in the past three months. Earnings estimates for 2019 have declined over the past seven days, reflecting analysts’ concern over the company's bottom-line growth potential.”
- 3/19/2019 – American Public Education was downgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating.
- 3/13/2019 – American Public Education had its price target raised by analysts at BMO Capital Markets to $33.00. They now have a “market perform” rating on the stock.
- 3/11/2019 – American Public Education was upgraded by analysts at TheStreet from a “c+” rating to a “b-” rating.
- 3/5/2019 – American Public Education was downgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating.
- 2/23/2019 – American Public Education was upgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating.
- 1/31/2019 – American Public Education was downgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “strong-buy” rating to a “buy” rating.
Shares of NASDAQ APEI traded up $0.64 during midday trading on Monday, hitting $30.76. 3,701 shares of the company traded hands, compared to its average volume of 96,702. American Public Education, Inc. has a 12-month low of $26.37 and a 12-month high of $46.15. The stock has a market capitalization of $499.58 million, a P/E ratio of 18.99, a P/E/G ratio of 1.24 and a beta of 0.70.
American Public Education (NASDAQ:APEI) last announced its quarterly earnings results on Tuesday, March 12th. The company reported $0.55 earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, beating the consensus estimate of $0.52 by $0.03. American Public Education had a net margin of 8.61% and a return on equity of 8.76%. The company had revenue of $76.93 million for the quarter, compared to analysts’ expectations of $77.43 million. On average, equities analysts anticipate that American Public Education, Inc. will post 1.61 EPS for the current year.
American Public Education, Inc, together with its subsidiaries, provides online and campus-based postsecondary education. The company operates through two segments, American Public Education and Hondros College of Nursing. It offers 108 degree programs and 109 certificate programs in various fields of study, including business administration, health science, technology, criminal justice, education, and liberal arts, as well as national security, military studies, intelligence, and homeland security.
Recommended Story: Why does the United States have a lingering trade deficit?
Receive News & Ratings for American Public Education Inc Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for American Public Education Inc and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.