Zcash (CURRENCY:ZEC) traded 1.6% lower against the U.S. dollar during the 1-day period ending at 20:00 PM Eastern on October 10th. In the last seven days, Zcash has traded up 0.9% against the U.S. dollar. One Zcash coin can currently be purchased for $124.08 or 0.01898902 BTC on major exchanges including YoBit, Bit-Z, Coinroom and BiteBTC. Zcash has a total market cap of $618.61 million and approximately $176.18 million worth of Zcash was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours.
Here’s how similar cryptocurrencies have performed in the last 24 hours:
- Bitcoin Gold (BTG) traded 1.4% lower against the dollar and now trades at $25.96 or 0.00397273 BTC.
- Horizen (ZEN) traded 1.5% lower against the dollar and now trades at $15.62 or 0.00239106 BTC.
- Bitcoin Private (BTCP) traded down 1.6% against the dollar and now trades at $2.77 or 0.00042173 BTC.
- Bitcoin Interest (BCI) traded 4.5% lower against the dollar and now trades at $1.03 or 0.00015817 BTC.
- ZClassic (ZCL) traded 2.1% lower against the dollar and now trades at $3.49 or 0.00053371 BTC.
- BitcoinZ (BTCZ) traded 0.3% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0006 or 0.00000009 BTC.
- Zero (ZER) traded down 5.5% against the dollar and now trades at $0.15 or 0.00002353 BTC.
- Hush (HUSH) traded up 26.7% against the dollar and now trades at $0.12 or 0.00001860 BTC.
- Bitgem (BTG) traded flat against the dollar and now trades at $2.79 or 0.00034116 BTC.
- VoteCoin (VOT) traded 24.4% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0041 or 0.00000062 BTC.
Zcash Coin Profile
According to CryptoCompare, “zk-SNARKsThe BasicZcash is the first widespread application of zk-SNARKs, a novel form of zero-knowledge cryptography. The strong privacy guarantee of Zcash is derived from the fact that shielded transactions in Zcash can be fully encrypted on the blockchain, yet still be verified as valid under the network’s consensus rules by using zk-SNARK proofs. The acronym zk-SNARK stands for “Zero-Knowledge Succinct Non-Interactive Argument of Knowledge,” and refers to a proof construction where one can prove possession of certain information, e.g. a secret key, without revealing that information, and without any interaction between the prover and verifier. “Zero-knowledge” proofs allow one party (the prover) to prove to another (the verifier) that a statement is true, without revealing any information beyond the validity of the statement itself. For example, given the hash of a random number, the prover could convince the verifier that there indeed exists a number with this hash value, without revealing what it is. Application to ZCASHIn order to have zero-knowledge privacy in Zcash, the function determining the validity of a transaction according to the network’s consensus rules must return the answer of whether the transaction is valid or not, without revealing any of the information it performed the calculations on. This is done by encoding some of the network's consensus rules in zk-SNARKs. At a high level, zk-SNARKs work by first turning what you want to prove into an equivalent form about knowing a solution to some algebraic equations. In the following section, we give a brief overview of how the rules for determining a valid transaction get transformed into equations that can then be evaluated on a candidate solution without revealing any sensitive information to the parties verifying the equations. “
Buying and Selling Zcash
Zcash can be purchased on these cryptocurrency exchanges: YoBit, Gemini, LBank, Kuna, Graviex, Poloniex, Upbit, Bittrex, Exmo, BitBay, Waves Decentralized Exchange, Cryptopia, LocalTrade, BiteBTC, Allcoin, CEX.IO, OTCBTC, CoinEx, BTC-Alpha, Ovis, Altcoin Trader, Instant Bitex, WEX, Huobi, LiteBit.eu, BCEX, BTC Trade UA, HitBTC, Coinut, Bit-Z, Kraken, Gate.io, Bithumb, BigONE, Sistemkoin, GOPAX, Bitlish, Crex24, C2CX, Bitfinex, CoinExchange, Binance, Coinroom, OKEx, Cryptohub, Tux Exchange, Coinrail, Braziliex, Bitinka, Liquid, BX Thailand, Trade Satoshi, Cryptomate and Mercatox. It is usually not presently possible to buy alternative cryptocurrencies such as Zcash directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Zcash should first buy Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as Coinbase, Changelly or Gemini. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to buy Zcash using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for Zcash Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Zcash and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.